(Image via Inc.com)
PAX Labs is on a Roll. Pax 2, Juul, and now a PAX Labs Patent for a dual chamber device. Whats next?
I have to admit I’ve been neglecting my vape patent searches for too long; I was just shown a patent issued to Pax Labs’ James Monsees and Adam Bowen that covers a vaporization device with what appears to be two heating chambers. I say ‘what appears’ but there are no schematics or technical drawings to accompany the patent, but the title tells all:
MULTIPLE HEATING ELEMENTS WITH SEPARATE VAPORIZABLE MATERIALS IN AN ELECTRIC VAPORIZATION DEVICE
Is this a new version of the Juul? A new model altogether? Many things of note in the patent, you can read it if you want, but here’s a few highlights:
- 117 variations of the product were initially submitted,of which 97 where cancelled, leaving 20 variations in the patent issued.
- Two heating chambers
- Variety of materials
- Extensive use of capacitive, accelerometer technology
- Cartridge based
- temperatures include but are not limited to from about
- 100° to about 300° C
- 125° to about 255° C
- 150° to about 230° C
- 170° to about 210° C
- Vaporizable materials
- viscous material
- temperature sensitive mesophase material
- combination thereof
- In some embodiments the first vaporizable material or the second vaporizable material comprise: nicotine; flavorants; humectants; water; or a combination thereof
- 2-compartment modules, 3-compartment modules, or multi-compartment modules
- In some embodiments the first compartment comprises a first airflow path, and the second compartment has a second airflow path that is in communication with the first airflow path. In some embodiments the first compartment comprises a first airflow path, and the second compartment has a second airflow path, wherein first vapor from the first airflow path is introduced to second vapor from the second airflow path prior to exiting the cartridge.
- In some embodiments, at least one resistive heater comprises wire coil wrapped around a wicking material (e.g. silica) that penetrates a moisture resistant liquid barrier of at least one compartment holding the vaporizable material and allows the vaporizable material to “wick” around the wire and be heated to a controlled temperature when activated.
We’ll keep and eye on this and report as more information becomes available.
Filed: Jun 13, 2014
Issued: Dec 18, 2014
Inventors: James MONSEES (San Francisco, CA), Adam BOWEN (San Francisco, CA)
Application Serial: 14/304,847
International Classification: A24F 47/00 (20060101);